...continuing the tradition of Catholic education since 1952
St. Walter School opened in the fall of 1952 with an enrollment of 84 students. Two sisters of St. Francis traveled daily from their convent in Glen Ellyn to teach students in first through eighth grades in the two-room school.As the parish and school continued to grow, additional classroom space in the school was added. In September of 1959 the Maple Avenue building was completed and with an enrollment of 433. The Kindergarten program was added in 1981. A full Early Childhood program was established in 1989 and included preschool for three and four-year-olds.
Today, St. Walter School is one of the largest schools in the Diocese of Joliet with an enrollment of over 500 students in preschool through grade eight.
St. Walter Catholic School
201 West Maple Avenue
Roselle, IL 60172
© St. Walter Catholic School.
All rights reserved.
Designed and Developed by